This block is used to specify various properties on signals within, as well as at the boundary of an AI Engine subsystem.
The AIE Signal Spec block allows you to specify the Platform IO (PLIO) width and FIFO depth value within the AI Engine subsystem.
- Specifying the PLIO width at the boundary of the AI Engine subsystem will affect the throughput of data from the AI Engine domain to the programmable logic (PL) domain.
- Specifying the FIFO depth value can help avoid deadlock or stalling by creating more buffering in the paths.
- Connection Tab
- FIFO Depth (32-bit words)
- Should be a positive integer value and the default value is '0'.
- Platform I/O Tab
- PLIO Width
- Only auto, 32, 64, and 128 are possible values. 'auto' is the default value.
- Specify PLIO frequency
- When set to ON, you can specify the Programmable logic frequency in MHz. The default value is 250 MHz. In general, choose a reasonable target frequency depending on the complexity of the algorithm implemented.