In order to generate output from the Model Composer model the top-level of the Model Composer model must contain the Vitis Model Composer Hub block, as described in Vitis Model Composer Hub, as well as a subsystem that encapsulates the application design. To generate output from the subsystem that is instantiated at the top-level of the design, only HLS Library blocks and a limited set of specific Simulink® blocks can appear in the subsystem. The HLS Library blocks define the functions to be compiled for the packaged IP or compiled C++ code. The top-level design can contain other blocks and subsystem modules that serve different purposes, such as simulation, but the primary application must be completely contained within the specified subsystem.
To create a subsystem from within a model, add one or more blocks to the model canvas, select the blocks, and turn the selected blocks into a subsystem:
- Drag and drop blocks onto the model canvas in the Simulink Editor, as explained in Adding Blocks to a Model.
- Select one or more blocks, and right-click to use the Create Subsystem from Selection command.
- Name the subsystem, giving it the same name you want to assign to the generated output application or IP.
- Double-click the subsystem to open it in the Simulink Editor, and continue the design.
The Explorer bar and Model Browser in Simulink help you navigate your model:
- The Explorer bar lets you move up and down the hierarchy, or back and forth between different views in the Simulink Editor.
- The Model Browser provides a view of the Model Hierarchy, and lets you select and open different levels to quickly move through the hierarchy of the design.