The following procedure describes how to set up the hardware required to run JTAG hardware co-simulation on a KC705 board.
For detailed information about the KC705 board, see the KC705 Evaluation Board for the Kintex-7 FPGA User Guide (UG810).
Assemble the Required Hardware
Kintex-7 KC705 board which includes the following:
- Kintex-7 KC705 board
- 12V Power Supply bundled with the KC705 kit
- Micro USB-JTAG cable
Set Up the KC705 Board
The figure below illustrates the KC705 components of interest in this JTAG setup procedure:
- Position the KC705 board as shown above.
- Make sure the power switch, located in the upper-right corner of the board, is in the OFF position.
- Connect the AC power cord to the power supply brick. Plug the power supply adapter cable into the KC705 board. Plug in the power supply to AC power.
- Connect the small end of the Micro USB-JTAG cable to the JTAG socket.
- Connect the large end of the Micro USB-JTAG cable to a USB socket on your PC.
- Turn the KC705 board Power switch ON.