The Xilinx Time Division Multiplexer block multiplexes values presented at input ports into a single faster rate output stream.
The block has two to 32 input ports and one output port. All input ports must have the same arithmetic type, precision, and rate. The output port has the same arithmetic type and precision as the inputs. The block has optional ports vin and vout that specify when input and output respectively are valid. Both valid ports are of type Bool.
The block parameters dialog box can be invoked by double-clicking the icon in your Simulink® model.
Parameters specific to the block are as follows.
- Number of inputs
- Specifies the number of inputs (2 to 32).
- Provide valid port
- When selected, the multiplexer is augmented with input and output valid ports named vin and vout respectively. When the vin port indicates that input values are invalid, the vout port indicates the corresponding output frame is invalid.
- Optimization Parameter
- The Time Division Multiplexer block logic can be implemented in fabric (optimizing for resource usage) or in DSP48E1/DSP48E2 primitives (optimizing for speed). The default is Resource.
- Use combinatorial fabric (general interconnect) to implement the Time Division Multiplexer in the Xilinx device.
- Use DSP48 primitives to implement the Time Division Multiplexer in the Xilinx device.
Parameters used by this block are explained in the topic Common Options in Block Parameter Dialog Boxes.