The Vector Assert block asserts a user-defined sample rate and/or type on Vector inputs.
Hardware notes: In hardware this blocks costs nothing.
Super Sample Rate (SSR): Use this configurable GUI parameter to control processing of multiple data samples on every sample period. This block enables 1-D vector data support for the primary block operation.
The block parameters dialog box can be invoked by double-clicking the icon in your Simulink® model.
Parameters specific to this block are as follows:
- Assert type
- Specifies whether or not the block will assert that the type at its input is the same as the type specified. If the types are not the same, an error message is reported.
- Specify type
- Specifies whether or not the type to assert is provided from a signal connected to an input port named type or whether it is specified Explicitly from parameters in the Assert block dialog box.
- Output Type
- Specifies the data type of the output. Can be Boolean, Fixed-point, or Floating-point.
- Arithmetic Type
- If the Output Type is specified as Fixed-point,
you can select Signed (2’s
comp) or Unsigned as the Arithmetic Type.
- Fixed-point Precision
- Number of bits
- Specifies the bit location of the binary point of the output number, where bit zero is the least significant bit.
- Binary point
- Position of the binary point in the fixed-point output.
- Floating-point Precision
- Specifies single precision (32 bits).
- Specifies double precision (64 bits).
- This block is listed in the following: Activates the field below so you can specify the Exponent width and the Fraction width.
- Exponent width
- Specify the exponent width.
- Fraction width
- Specify the fraction width.
- Assert rate
- specifies whether or not the block will assert that the rate at its input is the same as the rate specified. If the rates are not the same, an error message is reported.
- Specify rate
- Specifies whether or not the initial rate to
assert is provided from a signal connected to an input port
rate, or whether it is specified Explicitly from the Sample rate parameter in the Assert block dialog box.
- Provide output port
- Specifies whether or not the block will feature an output port. The type and/or rate of the signal presented on the output port is the type and/or rate specified for assertion.
Other parameters used by this block are explained in the topic Common Options in Block Parameter Dialog Boxes.
The Output type parameter in this block uses the same description as the Arithmetic Type described in the topic Common Options in Block Parameter Dialog Boxes.
The Vector Assert block does not use a Xilinx LogiCORE™ ™ and does not use resources when implemented in hardware.