The Vivado IDE provides predefined window layouts to facilitate various tasks in the design process. The layout selector (shown in the following figure) enables you to easily change window layouts. Alternatively, you can change layouts using the Layout menu in the menu bar.
Use the predefined layouts as follows:
- Default Layout
- Analyze your design with a minimum set of windows.
- I/O Planning
- Define I/O placement constraints and place ports.Note: When working with I/O planning projects, the I/O Planning view layout is called the Default Layout.
- Define Pblocks, manage partitions, and perform hierarchical floorplanning.
- Define debug nets and configure debug cores.
- Timing Analysis
- Run timing reports and analyze timing.
- Open the ECO Navigator to make engineering change orders (ECOs) to the post-synthesis netlist.