The local toolbar contains the following commands:
- Opens the search bar to allow you to locate messages.
Note: You can also access this command through the Alt+/ keyboard shortcut.
- Collapse All
- Collapses all constraints.
Note: You can also access this command through the Ctrl+- keyboard shortcut.
- Expand All
- Expands all constraints.
Note: You can also access this command through the Ctrl+= keyboard shortcut.
- Filter Messages
- Adjusts message filtering as follows:
- Show suppressed
- Displays only suppressed messages. To suppress messages, use the
Manage Suppression popup menu command or
set_msg_configTcl command.Note: This setting results in an empty Messages window if no messages are suppressed.
- Show unsuppressed
- Displays only unsuppressed messages.Note: This is the default setting.
- Show both
- Displays both suppressed and unsuppressed messages. Suppressed messages have a backslash (\) through the severity icon.
- Show modified
- Displays only messages with a modified severity. To modify message
severity, use the Message
Severity popup menu command or
set_msg_config -new_severityTcl command.Note: This setting results in an empty Messages window if no messages are modified.
- Show unmodified
- Displays only messages that have their original
severity.Note: This is the default setting.
- Show both
- Displays messages with both modified and original severity. Messages with a modified severity have an asterisk (*) on the severity icon.
- Manage Message Suppression
- Opens the Manage Suppression dialog box in which you can add or remove suppression rules. For more information, see Suppressing Messages and Unsuppressing Messages.
- Discard User Created Messages
- Removes messages related to project load and analysis as well as messages
output from scripts and Tcl commands entered in the Tcl Console.
Note: You cannot use this command to clear messages output from design runs. Instead, use the Reset Runs popup menu command to reset the run and clear the messages for the run.
- Controls the display of information in the window.
Tip: If the message limit is exceeded, a Message limit exceeded prompt appears. You can disable line wrapping to improve message display performance.
- Group by File
- Groups messages by file.
- Group by ID
- Groups messages by message ID.
- Wrap Lines
- Wraps messages to the next line to fit the message to the width of the Messages window.