The local toolbar contains the following commands:
- Opens the search bar to allow you to quickly locate objects in the
Note: You can also access this command through the Alt+/ keyboard shortcut.
- Collapse All
- Collapses all hierarchical tree objects to display only the top-level objects.
- Expand All
- Expands all hierarchical tree objects to display all elements of the Sources window.
- Add Sources
- Adds or creates constraint files, simulation source files, and design sources. Design sources include HDL and netlist files as well as existing IP and block designs.
- Show Only Missing Sources
- Filters sources to display missing files or missing instances. This command is enabled when a file, module definition, or instantiation is missing in the design hierarchy. When you select the command, the Sources window is filtered to display the missing files or modules.
Tip: When the toolbar button icon is gray, or disabled, there are no problems with the design hierarchy.
- Shows a summary of any messages generated during the design run. For more information, see Using the Messages Window. If there are no messages associated with your source files, the icon is disabled.
- Controls the display of information in the window.
- Scroll to Selected Objects
- Updates the Sources window to focus on the currently selected object. This can be useful on large designs with many source files. This feature is on by default.