- Select Note: Alternatively, you can click Add Sources in the Flow Navigator, or select Add Sources from the right-click menu in the Sources window.
- In the Add Sources wizard select Add or Create Constraints, and click Next.
- In the Add or Create Constraints page, set the following options, and click
Finish.Figure 1. Add Sources Wizard—Add or Create Constraints Page
- Specify Constraint Set
- Defines the constraint set into which the constraint files are placed. By default, the currently active constraint set is selected, but you can specify a different constraint set or define a new constraint set using the drop-down menu.
- Add Files
- Specifies the XDC, SDC, or Tcl script files to add to the project.
- Create File
- Creates a new top-level XDC for the project.
- Removes the selected file from the Constraint File list.
- Move Up / Move Down
- Moves a constraint file up or down in the listed order of files.
XDC, SDC, or Tcl script files consist of commands that set timing
and physical constraints and are order-dependent. Multiple files in
a constraint set are read in the order they appear; the first file
in the list is the first file processed.Important: Constraints are read in the order they appear in a constraint set. If the same constraint is defined more than once in a constraint file, or in more than one constraint file, the last definition of the constraint overwrites earlier constraints.
- Copy Constraints into Project
- Copies constraint files into the local project directory instead of referencing the original files.