When you use the Manage IP flow in the Vivado IDE, the following features are available:
- Simple IP project interface
- Direct access to the Xilinx IP catalog
- Ability to customize multiple IP
- Separate, unique directories for each IP customization with all related IP files
- Option to generate or skip generation of the design checkpoint (DCP) file. A DCP file consists of both a netlist and constraints for the IP, and creating this file is the default flow.
Note: Also, see the following: Vivado Design Suite QuickTake Video: Configuring and Managing Reuseable IP in Vivado and the Vivado Design Suite QuickTake Video: Working with Design Checkpoints.
Important: AXI Peripheral IP is not suited for use in a Managed IP Project. The Vivado GUI will issue an error when you attempt to use such IP. If you need AXI Peripheral IP, use a regular Vivado project.