- In the I/O Ports window, select an individual I/O port, a group of I/O ports, or interfaces.
- Use one of the following commands:
- In the I/O Ports window, right-click, and select Place I/O Ports Sequentially.
- In either the Package window or the Device window, right-click, and select Place I/O Ports Sequentially.
The first I/O port in the group is attached to the cursor when you move it over a package pin or I/O pad. A tooltip displays the I/O port and package pin names.
- To assign an I/O port, click a pin or a pad.
If you select more I/O ports, the command is continued. The cursor drags the subsequent I/O ports until all of the I/O ports are placed, or you press Esc.Tip: The Vivado IDE assigns ports in the order that they appear in the I/O Ports window. You can adjust the assignment order by applying sorting techniques in the I/O Ports window prior to assignment.
To place I/O ports sequentially: