The Vivado simulator is a Hardware Description Language (HDL) event-driven simulator that supports functional and timing simulations for VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog (SV), and mixed VHDL/Verilog or VHDL/SV designs.
The Vivado simulator supports the following features:
- Source code debugging (step, breakpoint, current value display)
- SDF annotation for timing simulation
- VCD dumping
- SAIF dumping for power analysis and optimization
- Native support for HardIP blocks (such as serial transceivers and PCIe® )
- Multi-threaded compilation
- Mixed language (VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog design constructs)
- Single-click simulation re-compile and re-launch
- One-click compilation and simulation
- Built-in support for Xilinx simulation libraries
- Real-time waveform update
See the Vivado Design Suite Tutorial: Logic Simulation (UG937) for a step-by-step demonstration of how to run Vivado simulation.