The Run section of the ECO Navigator, shown in the figure below, provides access to all the commands required to implement the current changes.
- Check ECO
- Runs the ECO checks rule deck on the current design.Tip: The Vivado tools allows you to make netlist changes unconditionally using the ECO commands. However, logical changes can lead to invalid physical implementation. Run the Check ECO function to flag any invalid netlist changes or new physical restrictions that need to be addressed before physical implementation can commence.
- Optimize Logical Design
- In some cases, it is desirable to run
opt_designon the modified design to optimize the netlist. This command opens the Optimize Logical Design dialog box, allowing you to specify options for the
opt_designcommand. Any options that are entered in the dialog box are appended to the
opt_designcommand as they are typed. For example, to run
opt_design -sweep, type
-sweepunder Options.Figure 2. Optimize Logical Design Dialog Box
- Place Design
- Runs incremental
place_designon the modified netlist as long as 75% or more of the placement can be reused. The Incremental Placement Summary at the end of
place_designprovides statistics on incremental reuse. Selecting this command opens the Place Design dialog box and allows you to specify options for the
place_designcommand. Any options that are entered in the dialog box are appended to the
place_designcommand as they are typed.
Refer to Incremental Implementation for additional information on Incremental Place and Route.Figure 3. Place Design Dialog Box
- Optimize Physical Design
- In some cases it is desirable to run
phys_opt_designon the modified design to perform physical optimization on the netlist. This command opens the Optimize Physical Design dialog box and allows you to specify options for the
phys_opt_designcommand. Any options that are entered in the dialog box are appended to the
phys_opt_designcommand as they are typed. For example, to run
phys_opt_design -fanout_opt, type
-fanout_optunder Options.Figure 4. Optimize Physical Design Dialog Box
- Route Design
- Selecting this command opens the Route
Design dialog box. Depending on the selection, this
command allows you to perform an Incremental Route of the modifications made
to the design, Route the selected pin, or Route selected nets. If
Incremental Route is selected on a modified netlist that has less than 75%
of reused nets, the tool reverts to the non-incremental
route_design.Figure 5. Route Design Dialog Box
Refer to Incremental Implementation for additional information on incremental Place and Route.
Depending on your selection, you have four options to route the ECO changes:
- Incremental Route: This is the default option.
- Route selected pin: This option limits the route operation to the selected pin.
- Route selected non-Power nets: This option routes only the selected signal nets.
- Route selected Power nets: This option routes only the selected VCC/GND nets.