New Report Strategies must be created in the Vivado IDE Project Settings window, under Tool Settings and the subsection Strategies. Similarly, any existing user-defined Report Strategy can only be permanently modified in the Project Settings window. The pre-defined Report Strategies and the default association of a Run Strategy with a Report Strategy cannot be modified.
To create a new Report Strategy:
- Click on "+" in the Strategy Window and perform the following steps:
- Specify the name of the strategy.
- Select the target Flow, Synthesis or Implementation.
- Provide a description (optional).
- Click OK.
- Select an existing strategy, click on the copy button, and edit the strategy name. Then:
- Add a report using the "+" button.
- Edit the report options by selecting the report and editing the options. If an option is not available, it can be added in the MORE_OPTIONS field.
- Remove a report using the "-" button.
- After all the edits are complete, click OK.
Each flow category provides several pre-defined Report Strategies. See Table 1.