In the Report Power dialog box, click OK to start the power analysis. The tool does the following.
- Takes into account the environment, device, and tool options.
- Reads the netlist connectivity and configuration.
- Applies activity factors for the nodes you defined.
A node is a component such as a net, pin, or port.
- Determines activity for any remaining undefined nodes before computing the thermal and supply power.
Power analysis uses different sources of information for activity definition, including:
- Simulation files (SAIF)
- Automatic calculations using a vectorless power analysis methodology
- Manual definition using the set_switching_activity Tcl command
For more information, see Running Power Analysis from the Tcl Prompt.