To replace a debug probe in your previously modified design, do the following:
- From the main menu, select
The Open Checkpoint dialog box opens.
- Browse to the C:/Data/Vivado_Tutorial/project_ECO_lab/ECO directory and select the previously saved checkpoint_1.dcp file.
- Close any previously open checkpoints.
- From the main menu, select .
- In the Vivado ECO Navigator, under Edit, click Replace Debug
The Replace Debug Probes dialog box opens.
In this example, you will replace the net
reset_viothat is connected to
u_ila_0with the net
- Scroll to the bottom of the probes for
u_ila_0in the Replace Debug Probes dialog and click the reset_vio net name in the Probe column to select it.
- Click the Edit Probes button .
The Choose Nets dialog box opens.
- Choose a new net to connect to the debug probe
probe4by doing the following:
toggle_vioin the search field of the Choose Nets dialog box.
- Select the
toggle_vionet, and move it to the Selected names section.
- Click OK.
- In the Replace Debug Probes dialog box, click OK.Note: If a message box appears stating that some objects are marked DONT_TOUCH, click Unset Property and Continue.
steps 5 through 14 of Step 5: Implementing the ECO Changes to generate an
updated design checkpoint, bitstream file, and probes file (LTX).
The updated debug probes file has the
probe4replaced with net
toggle_vio, which you can verify when you program the device with the updated bit file and debug probes file.