The SAIF output file requested in the simulation run is generated under the project directory. We use this SAIF file to further guide the power estimation algorithm.
- In the main menu bar, select .
- In the Report Power dialog box,
specify the SAIF file location in the Switching
The SAIF file, which was requested in the simulation settings prior to running simulation, should appear here:
- Click OK in the Report
Power dialog box.
The Report Power command runs, and the Power Report power_2 is generated in the Power tab of the results windows area.
- In the Tcl console, observe the read_saif results. This shows the percentage of design nets matched with simulation SAIF. This is important for accurate power analysis.
- Go to the Signal Rate data is set from
simulation SAIF data that you provide.
The data is color coded to indicate activity rates read from the Simulation output file.
view in the Power Report and scroll to the right. Note that all
- Note the change in total power (Total On-Chip Power in the Summary view) in the power_2 report compared to the power_1 report. The total power estimated in the report generated with SAIF file data will be different than the total power estimated in the vectorless run (power_1 results).