The SAIF output file requested in the simulation run is generated in the project directory. This SAIF file is used to further guide the power analysis algorithm.
- Ensure that the requested SAIF file is generated. Check to see that the SAIF
file requested in the simulation settings prior to running simulation appears in
- In the Flow Navigator window, click on Open Synthesized Design to expand options.
- From the Synthesized Design options, select Report Power.
- In the Report Power dialog box, set the Results name to power_3.
- In the Output tab
of Report Power dialog
box, make the following changes:
- Set the Output text File to power_3.pwr
- Set the Output XPE File to power_3.xpe
- In the Environment tab of Report Power dialog box, make sure that the Process is set to maximum.
- In the Switching
tab of Report Power
dialog box, specify the SAIF file location.
- Click OK in the Report Power dialog box.The report_power command runs, and the Power Report power_3 is generated in the Power window.
- Go to the I/O view
in the Power window.
Note that all the I/O port activity data is set from simulation data we
specified. The data is color coded to indicate activity rates read from the
simulation output file.
- Note the difference in total power numbers (Total On-Chip Power in the
between a pure vectorless run in the power_1 results versus with the post synthesis
functional simulation data in the power_3 results. Also note that the
dut/dut_resetsignal rates are overwritten by simulation SAIF data.