If you are using the common Linux components that are provided by Xilinx perform the following to run an acceleration application on the platform:
- To the SD card, write the sd_card.img generated by the Vitis compiler command
- Boot the board.
- Run the command cd /mnt/sd-mmcblk0p1/.
- Run the command source init.sh.
- Run acceleration application. For example, for vector addition, run ./vadd ./binary_container_1.xclbin.
Acceleration application uses Xilinx Runtime (XRT) to communicate with acceleration kernels. To set up the environment for XRT, run init.sh. This command does the following:
- It sets the environment variable XILINX_XRT to /usr to allow the application to find the XRT environment.
- It copies platform_desc.txt to /etc/xocl.txt to inform XRT which platform it is running on.