Leakage power increases exponentially with respect to junction temperature. Thus, it is very important to accurately specify the environment conditions in PDM. The environment settings allow the following flows:
- User Specified Junction Temperature
- Enter the targeted junction temperature or the maximum junction temperature of
the device and ambient temperature.
- PDM calculates maximum Effective ΘJA to meet requirements (the Effective ΘJA field is read-only).
- PDM Estimated Junction Temperature
- Enter ambient temperature and Effective
ΘJA, from which PDM calculates the junction
- Derive Effective ΘJA from thermal simulation.
Junction Temperature =
Ambient Temperature + (Effective ΘJA * Total On-chip
PDM alerts you if the specified or calculated junction temperature exceeds the device temperature grade margin.