A report strategy is a set of reports created during synthesis or implementation. The Vivado IDE provides several reports that can be created at various steps of the design runs.
You cannot change the command line settings for predefined report strategies. However, you can copy and modify supplied strategies to create your own custom strategies. This includes disabling the default reports as well as running the same report during various points in the design flow.
You can use the Report Strategies settings to create custom report strategies. To open the Settings dialog box, select, and then click the category.
The Vivado IDE writes the user-defined report strategies to:
To review, copy, and modify strategies:
- From the Flow drop-down menu, select a Vivado Synthesis
or Vivado Implementation version.Important: You cannot modify the default options for predefined Vivado IDE strategies. To customize strategies, you must copy or add a strategy.
- To create a new strategy, select Create Strategy from the popup menu or
Note: Alternatively, you can create a copy of an existing strategy using Copy Strategy from the popup menu. The Vivado IDE creates a copy of the strategy in the User Defined Strategies list, and displays the list of reports on the right side of the dialog box for you to modify.
- In the New Report Strategy dialog box (shown in the following figure), set
the following options, and click OK:
- Specifies the strategy name.
- Specifies whether the strategy applies to synthesis or implementation.
- Provides the strategy description for display in the Design Runs window.
- No Report
- Creates a strategy without generating reports.
- In the Reports field, edit the list of reports used during the
synthesis or implementation run as follows:
Tip: To get syntax examples to use for the MORE_OPTIONS values, see the Summary section of an existing report. You can also type the Tcl command for the report (shown in parenthesis after the report name) followed by -help in the Tcl Console to get a complete list of command line options.
- To add a report, select Add
Report from the popup menu or toolbar .
In the Add Report for Report Strategy dialog box, specify the Run Step
and Report Type, and click OK.Note: The Run Step is only available for implementation runs.
- To remove a report, click the report under the desired design step, and select Remove Report from the popup menu or toolbar .
- To modify report options, click the report, and modify the options in the Options field.
- To add a report, select Add Report from the popup menu or toolbar . In the Add Report for Report Strategy dialog box, specify the Run Step and Report Type, and click OK.
- Click Apply and
OK to save the new strategy.
The new strategy is listed under User Defined Strategies and can be used for synthesis or implementation.