The Hard Block Planner window allows you to place the hard blocks within a device, and provides a visual feedback in the Device window for assigning the location of the REFCLK pins, the GT_QUADs, and the Hard-IP blocks. Once you open the synthesized design, it reads and processes the netlist objects and collects all hard IPs available in a design. The Hard Block Planner window groups GT_QUADs under Hard-IPs, such as PCIe and DCMAC. It also lists the soft IPs and standalone GTs in the design under a separate drop-down menu, alongside the hard IPs, to facilitate the planning of GT blocks. This planner allows you to cross-probe the location in the Device window view for changing or assigning the site.
To view the Hard Block Planner window, open Synthesized/Implemented design. The Hard Block Planner window opens by default after opening Synthesized/Implemented design. Alternately, it can be opened from the Windows menu.
Hard Block Planner Window ColumnsThe Hard Block Planner window has the following columns:
- Specifies the instance name of the hard block.
- Library Cell
- Provides the library name of the hard block.
- Provides the location of the library cell instance.
- Specifies whether the BEL location is fixed or not.
- Clock Region
- Specifies the clock region.
- Specifies the bank.
- REFCLK Source
- Provides the clock name of the reference clock.
Hard Block Planner Window Tool Bar CommandsThe local tool bar contains the following commands:
- Opens the search bar to allow you to quickly locate objects in the Hard Block Planner window.
- Collapse All
- Collapses all hierarchical tree objects to display only the top-level objects.
- Expand All
- Expands all hierarchical tree objects to display all elements of the Hard Block Planner window.
- Creates a schematic from the selected objects.
- Show Hard-IP Connectivity
- Selects and displays all GTs and IPs of the design on the Device window.
- Show Hard-IP Connectivity for selected IP groups
- Selects and displays all GTs and IPs of the design on the Device window for the selected IP Group.
- Hide Hard-IP Connectivity
- Deselects all GTs and IPs of the design on the Device window.