To set I/O port direction, use any of the following methods:
- For I/O planning projects only:
- In the Direction column of the I/O Ports window, click a port and change the direction using the drop-down menu.
- Click a port in the I/O Ports window, and change the direction in the I/O Port Properties window.
- Select the I/O ports, buses, or interfaces to be configured in the I/O Ports window, right-click, and select Set Direction.
- For RTL projects only, define the port direction in the RTL source.Important: You can only set the port direction property in an I/O planning project. If you attempt to modify this property outside of an I/O planning project, a critical warning is issued.