To add simulation sources to a Vivado Design Suite project:
- Select Add Sources in the Flow
The Add Sources wizard opens.
, or click
- Select Add or Create Simulation Sources,
and click Next.
The Add or Create Simulation Sources dialog box opens. The options are:
Video: For a demonstration of this feature, see the Vivado Design Suite QuickTake Video: Logic Simulation.
- Add Files: Invokes a file browser so you can select simulation source files to add to the project.
- Add Directories: Invokes directory browser to add all simulation source files from the selected directories. Files in the specified directory with valid source file extensions are added to the project.
- Create File: Invokes the Create Source File dialog box where you can create new simulation source files. See this link in the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: System-Level Design Entry (UG895) for more information about project source files.
- Buttons on the side of the dialog box let you do the
- Remove : Removes the selected source files from the list of files to be added.
- Move Up : Moves the file up in the list order.
- Move Down : Moves the file down in the list order.
- Check boxes in the wizard provide the following
- Scan and add RTL include files into project: Scans the added RTL file and adds any referenced include files.
- Copy sources into project: Copies the original source files into the project and uses the local copied version of the file in the project.
If you elected to add directories of source files using the Add Directories command, the directory structure is maintained when the files are copied locally into the project.
- Add sources from subdirectories: Adds source files from the subdirectories of directories specified in the Add Directories option.
- Include all design sources for simulation: Includes all the design sources for simulation.