Selectto open the dialog box shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. Compile Simulation Libraries Dialog Box
Set the following options:
- From the simulator drop-down menu, select a simulator.
- Compiles libraries for the specified language. If this option is not specified, then the language is set to correspond with the selected simulator (above). For multi-language simulators, both Verilog and VHDL libraries are compiled.
- Specifies the simulation library to compile. By default, the
compile_simlibcommand compiles all simulation libraries.
- Compiles selected libraries to the specified device family. All device families are generated by default.
- Compiled library location
- Specifies the directory path for saving the compiled library
results. By default, the libraries are saved in the current working directory in
Non-Project mode, and the libraries are saved in the <project>/<project>.cache/compile_simlib directory
in Project mode. See the
Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Design
Flows Overview (UG892) for more
information on Project and Non-Project modes.Tip: Because the Vivado simulator has pre-compiled libraries, it is not necessary to identify the library location.
- Simulator executable path
- Specifies the directory to locate the simulator executable. This
option is required if the target simulator is not specified in the
%PATH%environment variable, or to override the path from the
- GCC executable path
- Specifies the directory to locate GCC installation. This option is required if GCC path settings are not done as mentioned in GCC Path Settings. Ignore if you are not using SystemC IP.
- Miscellaneous Options
- Specify additional options for the
- Compile Xilinx IP
- Enable or disable compiling simulation libraries for Xilinx IP.
- Overwrite current pre-compiled libraries
- Overwrites the current pre-compiled libraries.
- Temporarily overrides any message limits and return all messages from this command.
- Shows the Tcl command equivalent for the options you enter in the dialog
box.Tip: You can use the value of the Command field to generate a simulation library in Tcl/non-project mode.