In Project Mode, you can set the incremental compile option in the Design Runs window.
To set the incremental compile option:
- Select a run in the Design Runs window.
- Click Set Incremental Compile from the context menu.
- In the Set Incremental Compile window, select a reference design checkpoint. This enables incremental compile mode for the run.
- Open the Synthesized netlist and optionally modify/add the debug cores instantiated in the RTL.
- Use the Set Up Debug wizard to insert/delete/modify debug cores inserted into the design.
- Implement Design.
Important: You must open the synthesized design to modify the debug cores in the design. Insertion of debug cores by opening a post-routed design is not supported.