- In the Sources window, select Edit Constraint Sets from the right-click menu.
- In the Edit Constraint
Set dialog box, do one of the following:
- To edit a constraint set, click the drop-down menu next to the Specify Constraint Set field, and select a constraint set.
- To create a constraint set, click the drop-down menu next to the Specify Constraint Set field, and select Create Constraint Set. In the Create Constraint Set Name dialog box, enter a name for the constraint set, and click OK.
- In the Edit Constraint Set dialog box,
set the following options, and click OK:
- Add Files
- Specifies XDC or SDC files to add to the constraint set.
- Create File
- Specifies a name and location for a new XDC file to add to the constraint set.
- Removes the selected file from the
list.Note: You can only remove files that have not yet been added to the constraint set using the OK button. To remove a file that was already added to the constraint set, select the file in the Sources window, and select Remove File from Project from the right-click menu.
- Move up/Move down
- Moves a constraint file up or down in the listed order of XDC and SDC files. XDC and SDC files consist of commands that set timing and physical constraints and are order-dependent. If there are multiple files in a constraint set, the order in which they appear in the Sources window corresponds to the order that the VivadoIDE processes the files. The first file in the list is the first file processed. If the same constraint appears in more than one constraint file, the last file read has precedence in defining the constraint.
- Copy Constraints into Project
- Copies constraint files into the local project directory instead of referencing the original files.