The Sink core can issue a Defer response for a burst write to I2C. The following are the actions that can be taken by the Source core:
- Use the Write status command to poll the transfers happening to the I2C. On successful completion, the Sink core should issue an ACK response to these requests while intermediate ones will get partial ACKs.
- Issue the same command (previously issued with the same device address, length and data) and wait for a response. The Sink core, on completion of the write to I2C (after multiple Defers), should respond with an ACK.
- Abort the current Write using:
- Write to a different I2C slave
- Read command
- Address only Read or Write with MOT = 0.