The sink could issue a partial ACK response for a burst Write to I2C. The following are the actions that can be taken by the Source core:
- Use the Write status command to poll the transfers happening to the I2C. On successful completion, the sink should issue a NACK response to these requests while intermediate ones will get a partial ACK.
- Issue the same command for a response (previously issued with the same device address, length and data) and wait for a response. On completion of the write to I2C (after multiple partial ACKs), the Sink core should respond with an ACK.
- Abort the current Write using:
- Write to a different I2C slave
- Read command
- Address-only Read or Write with MOT = 0.