Q. Can both RX and TX be used on the same GT quad for DisplayPort?
A. Yes. The Video PHY Controller supports the capability of performing both RX and TX on the GT quads. However, they cannot be different protocols.
Q. Does the Video PHY Controller support different protocols for RX and TX?
A. No. The Video PHY Controller must use the same protocol if both RX and TX is being used.
Q. I am having link training issues. What are some things that can be done to improve link training?
A. Perform the following:
- Verify that all relevant ARs are taken into account.
- Increase the AUX_DEFER value in register offset
- Use an AUX analyzer, such DPA400 to check AUX traffic.
Q. Does the Xilinx® subsystem support my resolution and frame rate?
- DisplayPort should operate at any resolution and frame rate as long as the DisplayPort
link is not oversubscribed. Use the following equation to determine if the custom
resolution can be supported:
(HTotal × VTotal × bits_per_component × frame rate) < (0.8 × link_lane × num_lanes)
- Verify with the sink EDID that the resolution and frame rate are supported by the sink device.