This section contains debugging steps if the monitor is not displaying video even after a successful training or if the monitor display is noisy and has many errors.
- Perform a software reset on the register (
0x01C) and check if the video is correct now.
- Check if the MAIN_STREAM_ENABLE register is set to 1.
- Ensure that the MSA parameters match the Video being sent by TX.
- Check the video pixel clock generation. Ensure that the Video Clock is based on the resolution being sent.
- Dump the DisplayPort source registers and compare against a working log.
- Check the symbol and disparity errors in the Sink through the DPCD registers. This could be due to cable issue or PHY (GT) alignment issue.
- Compare the design against the applicable example design.
- Use the example design with a Xilinx development board to test the physical setup.