Please ensure the following guidelines to use YUV420 8-bit (0x18) feature correctly:
• Ensure that you maintain a minimum of 1 Y-line gap between two successive YUV420 8-bit frames.
• To use virtual channel interleaving, you must maintain a minimum of 1 Y-line gap while switching to a different virtual channel.
• To use data type interleaving or the embedded non-image feature, you must ensure that a minimum of 1 Y-line gap is maintained while switching the data types.
• Consider the pixel width to be 8 when calculating the video_aclk value. See Clocking for details on calculating video_aclk .
• The maximum Y-line word count of the incoming data has to be at least 8 bytes less than the 'YUV420 word count' value configured in the GUI. For example, if the buffer depth selected in GUI is 1024 bytes, then the source/sensor can send Y-lines with a word count up to 1016 bytes.
1. For YUV420 data format, the abrupt packet end is not indicated by TUSER accompanied by the tlast assertion. Instead, discard the current frame and make sure the TX sends a new frame, indicated by a frame start (tuser).
2. Core disable and re-enable is required when ECC 2-bit errors or SoT Sync errors (ErrSotSyncHS) are seen in the YUV420 8-bit reception because this data format works in pairs.