Acceptance filtering is performed in this sequence:
- The incoming identifier is masked with the bits in the acceptance filter mask register.
- The AF_ID_Reg_n acceptance filter ID registers are also masked with the bits in the AF_Mask_Reg_n acceptance filter mask register.
- Both resulting values are compared.
- If both these values are equal, the message is stored in the RX buffer 0.
- Acceptance filtering is processed by each of the defined filters. If the incoming identifier passes through any acceptance filter, the message is stored in the RX buffer 0.
Note: RX buffer-1 can be disabled (i.e., stop routing messages to RX buffer 1) by programming [RXFP] as
31d(in the RxBuff_Watermark register).