The messaging functionality is divided into the following sections.
- Register module
- This module allows for read and write access to the registers using the APB programming interface.
- TX buffer management module
- The TX buffer management module (TBMM) interfaces with the protocol engine to provide the next buffer to transmit on the CAN bus. It manages the host access to the TX RAM buffer.
- RX buffer management module
- The RX buffer management module (RBMM) interfaces with the protocol engine to provide storage for message reception from the CAN bus. It manages the host access to the RX RAM buffer.