The AMD Versal™ device contains a true random number generator (TRNG). The TRNG enables applications to be compliant with AIS-20/31 and NIST-800-90A/B/C standards. For additional details, see the Versal Adaptive SoC Security Manual (UG1508). This manual requires an active NDA to download from the Design Security Lounge.
To support these standards, the TRNG operates in three modes as shown in the following figure.
- Entropy source output
- Internal seed + DRNG output
- External seed + DRNG output
- Generates cryptographically secure random numbers
- Generates data blocks with a 32-bit wide interface
- Provides security strength of 256 bits
- Ring oscillator and PLL random sources