Memories and programming interfaces are protected by Xilinx protection units.
The memory protection units (XMPUs) have large apertures and are generally used to protect memory units. XMPUs are described in Xilinx Memory Protection Unit.
The peripheral protection units (XPPUs) have small apertures and are generally used to protect programming interfaces. XPPUs are described in Xilinx Peripheral Protection Unit.
Versal Protection Units
- Memory protection units:
- PMC RAM and SBI memory interface (PMC_XMPU)
- OCM AXI memory interface (OCM_XMPU)
- FPD AXI programming interface (FPD_XMPU)
- XRAM AXI memory interfaces (XRAM_XMPU[0:3])
- DDR memory controllers (DDRMC_XMPU)
- Peripheral protection units:
- PMC APB programming interface (PMC_XPPU)
- PMC NPI programming interface (PMC_XPPU_NPI)
- LPD APB/AXI programming interface (LPD_XPPU)
Secure APB Register Modules
These APB register modules always require a secure transaction: