This section describes how a destination agent receives an IPI communication message. The destination agent accesses its IPI registers.
- Prepare to receive a message request with one of the following
- Enable the interrupt from the sender using the IPI mask register, IMR, and in the processor's system interrupt controller by accessing its GIC registers.
- Destination agent polls its IPI status register for bits being set.
- When an interrupt is received, optionally write a 32-byte response into the appropriate message buffer.
- Signal to the source agent that the interrupt has been processed
with one of the following steps.
- Clear the destination IPI status register.
- Issue an IPI interrupt back to the source agent.