The controller communicates with SDIO devices, SD memory cards, and eMMC devices. The controller modes use up to eight data signals.
The controller's 32-bit registers are accessed via an AXI programming interface. The register set includes a data port to read from and write the I/O port. The SD/eMMC I/O interface is routed through the PMC MIO or the EMIO. The I/O interface is not available through the LPD MIO.
The controller also includes an AXI interface for the dual-mode DMA controller. The DMA controller has a simple programming mode and a descriptor based mode.
The controller is compatible with the following specifications:
- SD host controller standard specification version 3.00
- SD memory card specification version 3.01
- SD memory card security specification version 1.01
- SDIO card specification version 2.0, 3.0
- eMMC specification version 4.51
The SD_eMMC controllers can be a boot device with one of several I/O interface modes. For more information, see the Boot Modes chapter.