This section describes how a source agent sends an IPI communication message. The source agent initiates the communications.
- Write a 32 byte request message into the appropriate destination message buffer.
- Write a 1 in the destination trigger bit.
- Optionally, verify that the interrupt is posted by reading the observation register.
- Determine that the interrupt has been processed with one of the following
steps. The protocol must be established between the two agents:
- Source agent polls its observation register until the destination status bit is cleared indicating that the destination agent has processed the interrupt.
- Receive another IPI interrupt from the destination agent.