There are inherent performance features in the system and several performance related configuration options. The TRM describes the inherent performance features and the functionality that can be used to obtain an optimal configuration.
- Inherent NoC interconnect design features with configurable, multichannel structures
- Multiple interconnect traffic types to control quality of service (QoS)
- Isochronous for video and other time-sensitive transactions
- Low latency for communications and other applications
- Best effort, bulk traffic for large data sets without critical timing needs
- Intelligent DDR memory controller scheduler
- Hardware acceleration in PL instantiated functions
Performance tuning builds on the inherent features. This includes properly routing NoC traffic, optimizing the use of the DDR memory controller, and using the QoS traffic types. Performance tuning is not covered in the TRM.