AMD Adaptive Computing documentation is organized around a set of standard design processes to help you find relevant content for your current development task. All Versal™ Adaptive SoC design process Design Hubs and the Design Flow Assistant materials can be found on the Xilinx.com website. This document covers the following design processes:
- System and Solution Planning
- Identifying the components, performance, I/O, and data transfer requirements at a system level. Includes application mapping for the solution to PS, PL, and AI Engine. Topics in this document that apply to this design process include:
- Board System Design
Designing a PCB through schematics and board
layout. Also involves power, thermal, and signal
integrity considerations. Topics in this document that
apply to this design process include:
- Overview describes the architecture, package resources, and footprint compatibility between packages.
- Device Diagrams Overview, Package Files, and Pin Maps describes the package pinouts in textual and graphical format.
- Mechanical Drawings includes the physical dimensions for each package.
- Package Marking and Packing and Shipping.
- Soldering Guidelines, Recommended PCB Design Rules for BGA, and Edge Bonding Guidelines provide PCB implementation information.
- Thermal Specifications, Thermal Management Strategy, Heat Sink Guidelines for Bare-die VB Packages, and Mechanical and Thermal Design Guidelines for Lidless Flip-chip Packages include guidelines for overall thermal management.