These documents provide supplemental material useful with this guide:
Heat Management and Contact Information
The following websites contain additional information on heat management and contact information.
Refer to the following websites for CFD tools Xilinx supports with thermal models.
Thermal Modeling References
The following papers are referenced for more information on thermal modeling.
- Lemczyk, T.F., Mack, B., Culham, J.R. and Yovanovich, M.M., 1992, "Printed Circuit Board Trace Thermal Analysis and Effective Conductivity", ASME J. Electronic Packaging, Vol. 114, pp. 413 - 419.50.
- Refai-Ahmed, G. and Karimanal, K., 2003, "Validation of Compact Conduction Models of BGA Under Realistic Boundary," J. of Components and Packaging Technology, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 610-615.
- Sansoucy, E, Refai-Ahmed, G., and Karimanal, K., 2002, "Thermal Characterization of TBGA Package for an integration in Board Level Analysis," Eighth Intersociety on Thermal Conference Phenomena in Electronic Systems, San Diego., USA.
- Karimanal, K. and Refai-Ahmed, G., 2002, "Validation of Compact Conduction Models of BGA Under Realistic Boundary Conditions," Eighth Intersociety on Thermal Conference Phenomena in Electronic Systems, San Diego, USA.
- Karminal, K. and Refai-Ahmed, G., 2001, "Compact conduction Model (CCM) of Microelectronic Packages- A BGA Validation Study," APACK Conference on Advances in Packaging, Singapore.