The GTM transceiver Quad analog power supplies (GTM_AVCC, GTM_AVTT, and GTM_AVCCAUX) have planes inside the package. For some of the packages, there are multiple planes for each analog power supply. The analog power supplies for the transceivers are organized into power supply groups, PSG. Each PSG has a set of power planes. One power plane for each of the transceiver analog power supplies. If there is more than one PSG in the package, the power supply pin names have a suffix (such as _LN, _RN, _LS or _RS) that identifies which pins are associated with which PSG. If all the Quads in a PSG are not used, the associated power pins can be left unconnected or tied to GND. The rules for powering PSGs are as follows:
- Within a package PSG, if no Quads are used, the PSG can be unpowered.
- If any Quads in a PSG are used, the PSG must be powered.
- PSGs on each side (Left or Right) of the package are fully independent. Powering or not powering PSGs on one side of the package does not affect the PSGs on the other sides of the package.
- If a PSG does not have an RCAL master and it is powered, all the PSGs on that side (Left or Right) of the package must be powered.
- If a PSG with an RCAL master is unpowered, any PSG without an RCAL master on that side of the package must also be unpowered.
- A PSG that does not have an RCAL master can be unpowered without affecting other PSGs.
For each GTM transceiver analog power supply group there are three power supplies (GTM_AVCC, GTM_AVTT, and GTM_AVCCAUX). For example, if there are two PSGs in a package, there are a total of six power supply planes in the package for these groups, with three planes in the package for each PSG. The following table shows the power supply groups for Versal ACAPs.
|VP1502VA2785||RN||RN RCL||RN||RN||LC||LC RCL||LC||LC||LN||LN RCL||LN||LN||LN||LN|
|VP1502VA3340||RN||RN RCL||RN||RN||LLC||LLC RCL||LLC||LLC||LLC||LN||LN RCL||LN||LN||LN||LN|
|VP1702VA3340||RUC||RUC RCL||RUC||RUC||RN||RN RCL||RN||RN||LLC||LLC RCL||LLC||LLC||LLC||LUC||LUC RCL||LUC||LN||LN RCL||LN||LN||LN||LN|
|VP1802VC4072||RC||RC RCL||RC||RC||RUC||RUC RCL||RUC||RUC||RN||RN RCL||RN||RN||LLC||LLC RCL||LLC||LLC||LLC||LC||LC RCL||LC||LC||LC||LC||LUC||LUC RCL||LUC||LUC||LUC||LUC||LN||LN RCL||LN||LN||LN||LN|