This section describes the power requirements, power-on sequence, power-on reset sequence, and power management functions.
|DC input power||+12V, 3A|
|Recommended power adapter||The CUI Inc. SMI36-12-V-P6 adapter connected using a center-pin positive barrel connector (2.5 mm ID, 5.5 mm OD)|
|SOM supply||+5V, 3A (VCC_SOM)|
|SOM power telemetry||Current sense device is available through the I2C bus to monitor the current on the VCC_SOM power rail|
|USB 3.0||5.0V, 900 mA per port (1.0A limit per port)|
|Pmod interface from Digilent Inc.||3.3V, 100 mA (1.0A limit, shared across all four Pmod expansion interfaces)|
|Raspberry Pi Expansion Header||3.3V (1.0A limit), 5.0V (1.0A limit)|
|SFP+||3.3V (600 mA)|
|Framos FPA SLVS-EC||1.8V (800 mA), 3.8V (1.0A)|
|microSD card||3.3V (200 mA)|
KR260 Starter Kit Power On Sequence
- External power adapter supplies 12V power
- Carrier card on-board regulator generates 5V supply and provides power to other voltage regulators
- SOM power rail (VCC_SOM) is powered by a 5V supply
- When the 5V regulator output voltage level is within the specified range and
a power-good signal is asserted and the
PWROFF_C2M_Bin schematic) signal is deasserted by the carrier card
- SOM on board power on sequencing starts
- Carrier card provides PS and PL VCCO voltage
rails after the SOM asserts the
KR260 Starter Kit Power On Reset
- The SOM reset signal
PS_POR_Bin schematic) is held in reset until the
CC_PS_PGOODin schematic) signal is asserted.
- To perform a hard reset on the SOM, use the reset push-button on the carrier
card to assert the
PS_POR_Bin schematic) signal.
- All the PS and PL I/O device reset signals on the carrier card are held in reset until 25 ms after the PS and PL power domain are powered up and stable.