- Provides O-RU (O-RAN radio unit) function only.
- The core implements
User and Synchronization Plane Specification v6.0 (O-RAN
Specification v6.0). The core supports up to four 10 Gb/s or four 25 Gb/s
Ethernet ports. Mixed rate mode is not supported.
- Currently supports eight component carriers (CCs), with independent
uplink and downlink timers.
- Supports a resolution of down to one resource block (RB) per section
- U-Plane support for up to 20 spatial streams for downlink, 16 spatial
streams for uplink, one additional separate stream for SSB traffic (PSS, SSS, PBCH),
PRACH, and four shared unsolicited data streams (for use in SRS).
- One PRACH uplink data port.
- The core implements the radio fronthaul interface, managing both the
control and user planes, implementing the appropriate timing advances and compensating
for the delay variations of packets coming from different BBUs. User radio blocks with
related beam IDs are extracted from received packets at the appropriate symbol period
and forwarded through AXI4-Stream outputs to external
double buffers interfacing the beamforming function.
- Supports eCPRI and 1914.3 over standard IEEE 802.1 Ethernet packets,
optionally including VLAN tags, as well as UDP over IPv4 or IPv6, over Ethernet.
- Fully programmable filtering rules allow the hardware to identify and
manage user plane packets.
- Each Ethernet and IP/UDP header field is fully programmable.
- Alignment to an external 10 ms Start of Radio Frame pulse, enabling 1588