There are many error indicators available to check for protocol violations. Carefully read the description of each one to see if it is useful for a particular debugging issue. See Table: Transceiver I/O for more details.
The following is a suggested debug sequence.
1. Ensure that Word sync has been achieved.
2. Ensure that Lane sync has been achieved (this uses the lane marker alignment words which occur after every 16,383 words).
3. Verify that the BIP8 indicators are clean.
4. Make sure there are no descrambler state errors.
5. Eliminate CRC32 errors, if any.
6. Make sure the LBUS protocol is being followed correctly.
7. Ensure that there are no overflow or underflow conditions when packets are sent.