The Chroma Resampler function converts between different chroma sub-sampling formats. The supported formats are 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0. There are three different options for interpolating and decimating the video samples:
• Define a configurable filter with programmable coefficients for high-performance applications.
• Use the predefined static filter with power-of -two coefficients for low-footprint applications.
• Replicate or drop pixels for minimal footprint.
The following list is a summary of the supported features:
• User programmable filter coefficients
• 4, 6, 8, or 10 tap filter
• Support for RGB, YUV 4:4:4, and YUV 4:2:2, and YUV 4:2:0.
• 8, 10, 12, or 16 bits per component
• Run-time configurable pass through mode if no chroma resampling is needed.