The Advanced Configuration tab, shown in the following figure, allows you to override the encoder buffer memory depth, compression features, and the encoder core clock.
Figure 1. Advanced Configuration Tab
The advanced configuration options for the encoder buffer are only enabled the Basic Configuration tab has the following settings:
- The Coding Type is Intra and Inter Frame
- Use Encoder Buffer is checked
The parameters on the advanced configuration tab are as follows:
- Manual Override: Select this to override the Encoder Buffer memory size calculated by the IP integrator.
- Memory Depth (Kbytes): If the Manual Override checkbox is selected, you can enter a memory size ranging from 0 to 7,000 Kbytes.
- B-Frame: Select one of the following:
- NONE - lowest latency
- STANDARD - GOP configuration IPPP with intra period of 30 ms or GOP configuration IPBBBBPBBBBP with num-b-frames=4.
- HIERARCHICAL - Also known as pyramidal. Works with 3, 5, or 7 B-frames.
Standard B-Frame use case has lower write bandwidth requirements because it does not write a reconstructed frame to memory as a reference for subsequent frame encoding.
- Motion Vector Range: Decides the encoder buffer size.:
The exact encoder buffer size is reported in resource summary.
- CORE Clk (MHz): Select a clock frequency ranging from 1 to 667 MHz.