1. Open the Vivado Design Suite and create a new project.
2. In the pop-up window, press Next 5 times.
3. Select the KCU116 Board.
X-Ref Target - Figure 5-34
4. Click Finish .
5. Click IP Catalog and double-click SMPTE UHD-SDI RX Subsystem under Video Connectivity, as shown in This Figure .
Note: For the application example design flow, the IP configuration is based on the options selected in the Application Example Design tab. You can rename the IP component name, which is used as the application example design project name.
6. Configure the SMPTE UHD-SDI RX Subsystem Application Example Design tab by selecting KCU116 as the Target Board followed by Audio-Video Pass-Through as the Design Topology and click OK .
The Generate Output Products dialog box appears
7. Click Generate .
Note: Click Skip if you only want to generate the application example design.
X-Ref Target - Figure 5-36
8. Right-click the SMPTE UHD-SDI RX Subsystem component under Design source, and select Open IP Example Design , as shown in This Figure .
9. Choose the target project location and click OK .
The IP integrator design is then generated and creates the Xilinx Vitis software platform and generates a .elf file. You can choose to Run Synthesis, Implementation, or Generate Bitstream. An overall system IP integrator block diagram of the KCU116-based application example design is shown in This Figure .
X-Ref Target - Figure 5-38