This chapter contains information about the example design provided in the Vivado® Design Suite. The top module instantiates all components of the core and example design that are needed to implement the design in hardware, as shown below. This includes the Clocking Wizard and the Register configuration modules. The available Example Design is shown in the following table.
|Loopback TX-RX||N/A - Simulation only||ATG|
The core example design is a simulation-only design; it cannot be validated on the board. This example design demonstrates transactions on the AXI4-Lite and AXI4-Stream interfaces of the DUT.
- Clock generator
- A clocking wizard is used to generate the clocks for the example design. It generates
aud_clk, AXI4-Lite clock, and the AXI4-Stream clock. The example design is held in reset until the MMCM is locked.
- Axi Traffic Generator (ATG)
- The ATGs are used to program the I2S IPs. The ATGs start the configuration process as soon as the MMCM is locked.
- I2S Transmitter
- This module receives the audio data and sends it over to the I2S bus that is connected to the I2S receiver.
- I2S Receiver
- This module receives the I2S data and outputs it on the AXIS interface.